Henri missed most of IB Year 13 for personal reasons. His school contacted Scientia to support him with his course work and exam preparation
Over six months, a team of Scientia tutors provided Ian with full schooling and academic guidance.
He completed all written work and obtained his IB Diploma with a 36. He was accepted to his target university to study Mechanical Engineering.
Gaps in content knowledge, weak study skills and anxiety over the amount of work to complete.
Excellent memory and strong analytic skills.
Follow a detailed tutoring and homework schedule with concrete goals (overseen by a Tutor Manager).
- Complete third IB exam attempt
- Complete the required Internal Assessments and Extended Essay for the IB Diploma
- Henri improved his content knowledge and writing skills. As his work ethic improved, he gained motivation to complete the IB.
Steven was a strong student who would occasionally get 6s on Physics HL and Maths HL exams.
He had relied on his natural ability and had not pushed himself in his exam technique.
Steven worked privately with a STEM tutor to improve his exam technique.
He scored a 7 on the Physics HL and Math HL IB exams.
Propensity for overconfidence, leading to careless errors and lost points.
Natural ability for the sciences, genuine interest in the subject and work ethic.
Improve working technique to ensure maximum grades. Work on question analysis, workings layout, and step-by-step checking.
- Transition from a borderline 7 to a secure 7 in Physics HL and Maths HL
- Steven went from a boundary grade 7 student to a secure 7 student.
Alice attended our 1-week SAT Bootcamp, raising her SAT Math score from 560 to 700.
She then worked privately with our Senior SAT tutor via Skype. Her final SAT Math score was 780.
Alice’s final SAT score was a 780 in Math and 790 in Reading/Writing.
With a predicted IB of 45, she was accepted to Yale University.
Fear of maths
Motivation, openness to receiving instruction, and commitment to a study plan
Develop a structured study plan focusing on pattern recognition in question types and active use of SAT math techniques
- Raise her SAT Math score of 560 to the 700 range
- Attend an Ivy League university in the US
- Over several months, Alice steadily improved her confidence in SAT Maths. She even said she enjoyed taking her final test (always the best outcome).
By Year 13, John had fallen far behind with his IAs and EE and was failing 4 IB subjects – and at the risk of failing the IB.
As his teachers could not provide the extent of individual support needed, his school contacted Scientia.
John worked with a team of tutors to complete his IAs and EE. Each week, he received a schedule with a daily goal and study plan.
John submitted all coursework and passed the IB with a score of 25.
Lack of organization and motivation.
Natural interest in subjects after recognizing their real-world applications.
Follow a detailed schedule to submit written work and catch up on course content. Follow a revision plan leading to the IB exams. Systematically supervise progress and maintain his parents informed.
- Complete the coursework, Internal Assessments and Extended Essay required for the IB
- Pass his IB exams to obtain his IB diploma
- John passed the IB despite having been expected to fail 4 subjects.